- Find Books, DVDs & More
- Classes & Events
- Glass Negatives
- Research & Resources
- Support the Library
Workshop: Savvy Social Security Planning for Baby Boomers
Saturday, October 20, 2012
10:00 AM-11:30 PM
Cost: Free and Open to the Public; Participants Must Register
Providence Public Library
150 Empire Street
Providence, RI 02903
Teen/Young Adult Room (Ground Floor)
Sat, 2012-10-20 10:00 - 23:30
ATTENTION BABY BOOMERS ON SOCIAL SECURITY!
Important Information as a new generation of retirees prepares to Collect Benefits
The first of three educational workshop titled “SAVVY SOCIAL SECURITY PLANNING: WHAT BABY BOOMERS NEED TO KNOW TO MAXIMIZE RETIREMENT INCOME” will be offered at Providence Public Library on Monday August 6 at 6 pm; the second will be on Thursday August 9 at 6 pm, and the third on Saturday August 11 at 10 am. The workshops will be presented by John Hollosy, C.E.P.
After being told for years that Social Security is ‘going broke’, baby boomers are realizing that it will soon be their turn to collect. But, the decisions they make now can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits they stand to receive over their lifetime.
Questions Boomer are asking include:
- Will Social Security be there for me?
- How much can I expect to receive?
- When should I apply for Social Security?
- How can I maximize benefits?
- Will Social Security be enough to live on in retirement?
To help Baby Boomer Better understand the Social Security System, this workshop will cover:
- 5 Factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
- When it might make sense to delay benefits-and when it does not
- Why you should always check your earnings record for accuracy
- How to estimate your benefits
- How to coordinate benefits with your spouse
- How to minimize taxes on your Social Security benefits
- How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income.
Reservations are recommended and you are invited to attend once, or all three session. Individuals and couples may reserve space by calling…1-888-435-6034, extension 816 (24/7).
Securities offered through Investors Capital Corporation Member FINRA/SIPC Advisory services, offered through Investors Capital Advisors, both located at 230 Broadway, Lynnfield, MA 01940-2320 (800) 949-1422 #12142607