- Find Books, DVDs & More
- Classes & Events
- Research & Resources
- Support the Library
Money Smart Week
Celebrate Money Smart Week
Created by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago in 2002, Money Smart Week® is a public awareness campaign designed to help consumers better manage their personal finances. Money Smart Week will be held from April 22-29, 2017.
Smart Money Resources
Federal Reserve Education
The Federal Reserve Education website is a collection of resources from across the Federal Reserve system. It includes resources for educators, the public and more.
The Federal Reserve Bank Board launched an interactive timeline, using video segments from the Chairman's March 2012 college lecture series about the Federal Reserve and the financial crisis. Each video segment includes a summary and self-check questions
The 21 Federal entities that compose the Financial Literacy and Education Commission provide the materials that are available via this website. Content is organized by where you are in life ("Life Events"), who you are ("My Resources"), and by specific hands-on tools ("Tools").
Credit & Debt
- Steps to Improve Credit
- 10 Ways to Cut Your Debt Now
- Indebted - Now What?
- Debt, the Double-Edged Sword
- 10 Bad Financial Habits You Need to Break to Get Out of Debt
Spending and Saving
- 12 Steps for How to Make a Budget – Personal Budgeting Tips for First Timers
- 7 Reasons Why Your Personal Budget Is Failing and How to Fix It
- 8 Financial Tips for College Students to Save and Manage Money Better
- Saving for College
- What Is Your Savings Strategy?
- Get Control Over Your Money