- Find Books, DVDs & More
- Classes & Events
- Research & Resources
- Support the Library
Publishing's "Arab Spring": A Comparison of Traditional vs. Self Publishing with Michael Grossman
Monday, September 30, 2013
7:00 PM-8:15 PM
Cost: Free and Open to the Public
Providence Public Library
150 Empire Street
Providence, RI 02903
Meeting Room (3rd Floor)
- How are the new digital technologies changing the face of publishing?
- How has print-on-demand impacted the book world? What are the pitfalls?
- What can an e.book do that a print book can’t? Why are they becoming so popular, so quickly?
- When should you self-publish and when shouldn’t you. What pitfalls can you avoid if you do self-publish?
- What are the benefits of traditional publishing over self-publishing?
- What are the steps to self-publishing a book?
- What’s all this fuss about mobile devices?
- Can self-published books get into libraries?
Grossman’s wide-spectrum talk is for book lovers, authors, and for aspiring authors who want a handle on what’s happening out there in publishing land. Learn why the landscape is shifting so fast. See examples of some new things e.books can do. It’s free! Join us.