- Find Books, DVDs & More
- Classes & Events
- Civil War Ballads
- Research & Resources
- Support the Library
- Rhode Island Civil War Ephemera
Thank you for visiting the Providence Public Library Web site. We are committed to preserving the privacy of our visitors and patrons.
In order to improve the usefulness of our site for visitors, we automatically collect and maintain statistical information from our web server, creating reports that log traffic flow and volume. The information collected consists of:
- The address (IP) of your computer or Internet provider
- The date and time you accessed our site
- The Internet address of the web site that referred you to our site.
- When you visit the Library's Web site, we collect and store only information to measure the number of visitors to different pages of our site to assist us in making our site more useful to you. This information does not identify individual visitors.
- We may ask visitors to our site to provide their e-mail address, postal address and/or telephone number only when needed to assist in answering reference questions, participating in a contest, or shipping requested materials.
- You may give us your email address for the purpose of notifying you about your library account. Providence Public Library will not sell, lease, or disclose your e-mail address, postal address, phone number, borrower records or other personal information for non-library purposes to outside parties unless required by state or federal laws.
In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the Providence Public Library website does not collect or store any personal information, even in aggregate, about children under the age of 13. We will never disclose a child's personal information as full name, address, etc. ("information that would facilitate or enable the physical or online locating and contacting of a specific individual") without written approval from a parent or legal guardian. In accordance COPPA we will only display a child's first name, last initial, location and/or age on our pages to announce contest winners and display user-submitted comments.
Some of the Library web pages contain links to external sites not maintained by the Library. The Library cannot be responsible for your privacy when you disclose information to outside web sites. It is your responsibility to protect your personal information. In order to further protect your information, always sign off and close the browser when finished using a shared or public computer. You should consider all forms of direct electronic communications (e.g. email, chat rooms) to be vulnerable to third party access. You should always use these with safety and caution.
Some of our electronic subscription databases available to you from our web site will require the bar code number from your Library card for authentication purposes. These database vendors do not have access to our records. Your patron records are not associated with this authentication process. Web site data is separate from individual users' library account data.
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy statement or our web site, you can contact us at email@example.com