Family Literacy Bags
Our Family Literacy Bags for infants, toddlers and preschoolers provide books and activities for parents to share with their child, which will help to build skills children need to support success in school and in life.
Our Family Literacy Bags focus on nine areas of learning - creative arts, cognitive development, literacy, language, math, physical health and development, science, social and emotional development and social studies. Using the Rhode Island Early Learning and Development Standards Fun Family Activities as our guide, our kits contain:
- 3 - 4 picture books for the child
- A book or other resource for the parent
- Fun Family Activities cards in English and Spanish with book lists, activities and ideas to extend the fun and learning
- A toy or activity for the family to engage in together which supports the child’s development in the particular area
- A Family Journal where families can share their experiences with the bag through pictures and/or writings
- A survey for families to provide feedback as we continue to improve our resources
Take a look at what’s inside!