Small Business Workshop Series
If you are thinking of starting a business of your own and wondering where to begin, get the basics through the FREE informational workshop series presented by PPL and RI SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives).
RI SCORE counselors present and discuss the various aspects of planning and owning a business. PPL staff discusses print and electronic resources available at the Library to research your business and marketing plan.
The Small Business Workshop Series runs on Saturdays, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm each spring and fall. Space is generally limited and registration is required. Please check our Calendar for information about the current series.
Typical Workshop Schedule of Topics:
- Where Do I Begin? - Administrative & Legal Considerations
- Grow Your Book of Business - Marketing for Start-ups & Established Businesses
- The World is Online - Effective Digital Marketing Strategies
- It’s Who THEY Know that Counts - The Art & Science of Power Networking & Sale
- Show Me the Money Part 1 - Taxes for the Small Business
- Show Me the Money Part 2 - Accounting for the Small Business
- Discovering Your Business Model - Starting Your Business Plan