Providence Public Library (PPL) offers limited facility rentals to community groups, nonprofit (501c3) organizations, private businesses, and government agencies, in accordance with Library policies and State and Federal laws.
Library Sponsored Programs
Programs that meet the Library's mission of providing balanced, lifelong learning opportunities to the public may qualify for Library sponsorship. In order to qualify, your program must be free, open to the public, and unaffiliated with advertising, sales, or fundraising that would benefit any individual or organization. Sponsorship decisions are made by the Library's Programming Committee, which meets regularly.
If you are interested in applying for sponsorship, please submit your request using the form below. Please note that the form must be filled out in its entirety. Requests received with any fields left blank will not be considered for sponsorship. No unsolicited calls/visits, please.
Special Events / Catered Events
For meeting room availability and rental inquiries, including utilizing the Library for a wedding and other special occasion photos, please use the Library Space Reservation/Rental Inquiry form below. A reply to your inquiry will be made quickly.
For information about holding catered events and to speak directly with a representative of Russell Morin Catering & Events, please call 401-455-8072 or use the Library Space Reservation/Rental Inquiry Form below.
Safety Measures During the Pandemic
We take very seriously our responsibility to keep our staff and patrons safe. PPL is following all state recommendations. Thank you for doing your part to help stop the spread of COVID-19!
|Please note: Due to COVID-19, room availability and times available may change.|
- Cancellations: The Library and Morins reserve the right to cancel or postpone events, but will make every effort to contact rentee before this occurs.
Library Space Reservation / Rental Inquiry
Guidance for working with us:
- Contact us at least 3 weeks before your event; weddings and catered events should contact us as far in advance as possible to ensure availability
- For private events without catering, payment is due 7 days before your event
- There may be additional fees for events, including security and cleaning
- We offer discounts and co-sponsorship for non-profit organizations
Pricing (for non-catered events)
- Private events, including wedding photography
- $100-200 per room/hour (depending on the room), $400-$800 per room/day (8 hours, with 1 hour clean up included);
- Qualifying non-profit events
- $75-$150 per room/hour, $400-$600 per room/day (8 hours with 1 hour clean up included)
Timing of events
Events should start and end during our operating hours.
Ready to Work With Us?
Are you interested in holding your special event at the Library or do you wish to present a program that would be of general interest and presented free and open to the public? If so, please provide the following information.
Please note, by filling out our online inquiry form, rentees agree to follow all library policies while using library spaces.