The Library will be open on Mondays and Wednesdays only from 9:30 am to 8:30 pm through March 30, 2020 and will resume our following regular hours on April 1.
Directions to Providence Public Library
From the South
Take 95 North to the Broadway exit (Exit 21) and merge right as you come off the exit ramp. Stay in the right lane and continue straight through the light. You will see the Providence Hilton and the Civic Center on your left. Stay in the right lane as the road curves to the right. The Library is on your right.
From the North
Take 95 South to the Atwells Avenue exit (Exit 21). Turn left off the exit at the light, and cross back over 95 and continue straight through one set of lights. The Providence Hilton is on your left. Take slight left at next set of lights, curving around to the right and then continuing straight on Empire Street to the next set of traffic lights. The Library is immediately on the right (150 Empire Street). If you have crossed the Washington Street intersection, you’ve passed us.
From the East Bay or Southeastern Massachusetts areas
Take 195 West to 95 North to Exit 21 and continue with the directions "From the South."
Nearby Parking Facilities
Due to our ongoing construction project, the Library will be open on Mondays and Wednesdays ONLY, 9:30 am - 8:30 pm, beginning January 6, 2020 through our Grand Reopening on Monday, March 30.
** NOTE: On weeks with Monday holidays, the Library will be open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 9:30 am - 8:30 pm.
SPECIAL CLOSURE: For the week of January 20, due to the holiday and our construction, we will be open on Wednesday, January 22 ONLY from 9:30 am to 2 pm.
Please see our special Construction Updates for additional or unplanned closures and announcements through our reopening.
- New Year’s Holiday – Tuesday, January 1
- Martin L. King, Jr. Day – Monday, January 20
- President’s Day – Monday, February 17
- Easter – Sunday, April 12
- Memorial Day Holiday – Saturday, May 23; Sunday, May 24 & Monday, May 25
- Independence Day – Saturday, July 4 & Monday, July 6
- Victory Day – Monday, August 10
- Labor Day Holiday – Saturday, September 5; Sunday, September 6 & Monday, September 7
- Indigenous Peoples Day (Columbus Day) – Monday, October 12
- Veteran’s Day – Monday, November 11
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 26 (Closing at 5:30 pm Wednesday, November 25)
- Christmas Holiday – Friday, December 25 (Open 9:30 am - 12:30 pm Thursday, December 24)
- New Year’s Holiday – Friday, January 1, 2021 (Open 9:30 am - 12:30 pm Thursday, December 31)