From additional book lists to access to new and expanded online resources from PPL, AskRI.org and elsewhere, we’re working to enhance the Library’s electronic and digital offerings.
- Resources for Rhode Island small businesses navigating COVID-19
- Reference support by phone, email, and online chat
- More copies of ebooks & audiobooks available in eZone to ease the backlog of holds
- Improved access to genealogical records from Ancestry.com
- Flipster's collection of magazines and periodicals
- Thousands of self-paced online courses through Udemy
- A wide variety of credible, vetted news sources from America's Newspapers
- Expanded access to Kanopy's film streaming database
- Rosetta Stone AVAILABLE through June 30! Improve your English or learn another language with Rosetta Stone Library Solution.
Our Exhibitions and Programming Series has invited six of PPL's past Creative Fellows - Laura Brown-Lavoie, Becci Davis, Kelly Eriksen, Keri King, Walker Mettling, and Micah Salkind- to host interactive online presentations that give new possibilities for connection, reflection, reframing, distraction, enjoyment, anticipation, and calm.
From archiving Rhode Island's response to the coronavirus pandemic, to digging deep into the logbooks in the Nicholson Whaling Collection, to decorating the backgrounds for your online meetings with downloadable sets of curated images, there are many ways to explore PPL's Special Collections from home.
PPL @Work - News & Updates (August 20, 2020)
PPL @Work - News & Updates (August 7, 2020)
PPL @Work - Library Opening News (July 3, 2020)
PPL @Work - News & Updates from Home (June 1, 2020)
PPL @Work - News & Updates from Home (April 20, 2020)
PPL @Work - News & Updates from Home (March 30, 2020)
Stay abreast of the latest News & Updates on all PPL programs and services.