- Find Books, DVDs & More
- Classes & Events
- Research & Resources
- Support the Library
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Providence Public Library (PPL) seeks an adaptable, articulate, and highly-motivated professional with 3 to 5 years of development experience to support the development team in the role of Development Associate. This position will work closely with the Director of Development to fulfill the goals of an aggressive and strategic fundraising program.
The key objectives for this position are to:
1. Leverage PPL’s programs and relationships to secure major gifts and/or grants from corporations, foundations, organizations, and individuals.
2. Assist with the growth of the individual gifts program.
3. Assist the development office to meet FY17 annual fundraising goal of $930,000.
4. Assist the development office in the capital campaign
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Some of the anticipated position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Assist with implementation and execution of a strategic fundraising strategy to secure corporate and foundation contributions.
- Identify, qualify, and prioritize potential funders for specific initiative.
- Facilitate the development of relationships with funders through presentations, personal meetings, regular communications, or arranging for meetings with PPL’s management and/or programmatic staff.
- Track and meet grant submission and reporting deadlines (in conjunction with the PPL Business Office).
- Draft and oversee the development of funding proposals to help ensure proper submission.
- Coordinate the gathering of information (budgets, materials, evaluation reports, etc.) to support grant requests and reporting.
- Track the fulfillment of grants with program staff and serve as an ongoing liaison to donors.
Individual Donor Development
- Assist with solicitations for the annual fund and children’s annual fund.
- Assist with the design and development of a donor page on PPL website.
- Assist with major gifts to include cultivation, proposal presentation, and recognition.
- Assist with growing prospect pipeline.
- Implement occasional events to support the development function.
- Assist with the planning of special events and sponsor solicitation.
- Organize various other events (public and invitation only) to help promote PPL as appropriate.
Other Development Duties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Strong verbal and professional written communication skills
- Marketing and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential donors and diverse groups
- Ability to maintain relationships with significant and influential individuals
- Ability to identify, cultivate, and secure gifts
- Ability to adapt and respond to various situations
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Successful track record in meeting fundraising goals
- Professional experience with annual giving, event sponsorship, grants, and other fundraising means
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Self-motivated and goal driven
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
While this position is open to everyone, candidates should preferably be in mid-career and interested in an evolving role with potential for leadership responsibilities. A bachelor degree is required for this position.
This is a full-time position in a business casual environment with excellent benefits.
SALARY: No less than $42,000 annually, commensurate with appropriate experience.
DEADLINE FOR RESUME/COVER LETTER: June 10, 2016
RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Providence Public Library
150 Empire Street
Providence, RI 02903
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER