- Find Books, DVDs & More
- Classes & Events
- Research & Resources
- Support the Library
Providence Public Library is seeking an experienced web developer with front and back end development experience, for an exciting, opportunity. The position is currently part-time and reports to the Director of Technology and Information, although the web-developer will also work closely with the Digital Projects Manager and the Director of Marketing and Communications on upkeep and implementation of web initiatives.
- Oversees and upgrades Drupal infrastructure and ensures site performance and security.
- Updates modules and customized themes.
- Performs cross-browser, cross device testing, and performs other QA work.
- Writes code using version control (Git).
- Leads and contributes to documentation of web assets.
- Works closely with library’s Director of Technology and web team on maintenance of Drupal site and implements various web projects as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understanding and experience in Drupal and/or Wordpress theming.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and Competency with standard applications such as the Google Apps suite.
- Understanding of and interest in good design, UX and communications best practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task while being productive and timely.
- Significant experience with Drupal 6.x and 7.x and Wordpress.
- Experience using Git and Drush.
- MySQL, SQL, PHP
- Content migrations and site upgrades a plus
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Content strategy familiarity a plus
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Bachelor’s degree in web design, graphic design, computer science or other related field (or demonstrable relevant and equivalent work experience)
2-4 years of progressively responsible web development experience
HOURS: 15 hours per week
COMPENSATION: $25 per hour
Cover Letter, Resumes & Examples of past work to: HR@provlib.org
Deadline for Submitting Cover Letter and Resume: November 8, 2016
Sundays with possibility for more hours
Maintains, repairs and operates building systems, equipment and components including but not limited to electro-mechanical and HVAC systems; operates and maintains low pressure boilers and air conditioning systems; maintains small machinery; repairs furniture; performs light carpentry; interior and exterior painting. Drives snowplow, operates snow removal equipment and shovels snow as necessary; assists with building security. Must be capable of lifting 100 pounds, working on ladders, staging and roofs.
May be assigned other duties as necessary.
Must be a responsible worker, willing to learn, follow direction and able to work independently.
Requires stationary engineers’ license, and broad experience and/or training in building maintenance, construction, or related field.
High School graduation or GED required
References, security check and drug testing required.
HOURLY RATE: $19.00
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: November 11, 2016
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Providence Public Library
150 Empire Street
Providence, RI 02903