Providence Public Library is seeking someone to work 35 hours per week (Full Time) to assist our Finance Office. The Finance Assistant is expected to work collaboratively with the Senior Staff Accountant and Chief Operating Officer to maintain all functions of the Finance Office. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Payables/Receivables – Cut checks in our financial management system, Financial Edge, process all incoming mail for the building and mail out bills and mail from other departments, communicate with vendors, check payables for accuracy and enter them into the system, bank reconciliations, and filing. Process and make both physical and remote bank deposits, including picking up and reconciling monies from various departments. Make payable & receivable journal entries, assist and often take the lead with event and grant reconciliations.
Office Management - Ordering, tracking, and delivering office supplies, posting & delivering outgoing & incoming mail. Copying, faxing, filing, shredding and other tasks as needed.
- Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
- At least 3 years experience with non-profit accounting required.
- Knowledge and experience with Financial Edge required.
- Previous experience with accounts payable and accounts receivable required.
- Extremely strong attention to detail.
- Robust communication skills.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to ask questions and learn.
- Must be a team player.
- This position is a full-time, 35 hours per week and is eligible for benefits.
- This position is exempt and is not part of the union.
- Hourly rate of $20 - $25 depending on experience.
To apply submit cover letter and resume no later than October 5, 2020:
The Providence Public Library
150 Empire Street
Providence, RI 02903
PPL is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. PPL will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.