Providence Public Library welcomes limited donations of works in print and other media. We will accept up to two (2) boxes at a time of material in excellent or as-new condition only.
All donations become the property of PPL and cannot be returned. Donations will primarily be used in the Library’s ongoing book sale to support public services. For queries about donations of special items to be added to our collections, please email our Head Curator of Collections.
- Hardcover and trade (regular size) paperback books
- Music CDs in original cases
- DVDs and Blu-ray discs in original cases
- Unabridged audiobooks in original packaging
- Mass market (small) paperback books
- Dictionaries and encyclopedias
- Textbooks, workbooks, notebooks, manuals, etc
- Outdated informational books
- Abridged, condensed, or summarized books
- Vinyl record albums
- VHS and other cassette tapes
- Magazines or newspapers
- Puzzles, games, and toys
The Library will provide a donation receipt for tax purposes upon request. Federal regulations prohibit us from giving estimates of the monetary value of donated items. Guidance can be found on the IRS website.
The Library cannot pick up donations. Please bring items to the front desk during open hours. Please DO NOT put donations into the book drop or leave them outside the building. Such items will be discarded.