Computer Lab Policy
The PPL Computer Lab is self-service. It is walk-in, on first-come, first-served basis.
You must have a Library card to use computers. Guest passes may be obtained if you do not have a Library card.
Library cards are FREE and issued at the Circulation Desk with proper ID.
Blue screen computers have 2-hour time limit. Red screen computers have a 15-minute time limit.
If all computers are used, check for the next available at the Reservation Station.
B/W Prints are ¢.10 and Color Prints are ¢.25.
If you leave your computer, click the lock button on the timer box. Failure to do so may result in the loss of your computer.
Computer Lab Rules
- Only one person per computer except accompanied by children.
- No cell phone use allowed in lab.
- Children under 14 must have parental permission to use computers.
- You may listen to your headphones as long as they do not disrupt others.
- The use of another’s Library card will result in the termination of your session.
- iewing of inappropriate material will result in the termination of your session and could result in ban from Library use.
- Computers will automatically shut down 15 minutes prior to Library closing.
Providence Public Library is required by law to filter Internet access in compliance with the Children’s Internet Protection Act. If your access is blocked and you are at least 18 years of age, you may ask the Lab staff to temporarily unblock a Library-friendly Website.