beginning Tuesday, May 26
Beginning Tuesday, May 26, PPL will offer contactless pick-up on Tuesday mornings 9 am -1 pm and Thursday afternoons 1 - 5 pm.
This is part of Phase 1 of libraries reopening throughout the state. Please check our website for important updates in the days ahead.
To request material, please fill out the Request For Contactless Pickup form or call 401-455-8000. We will call you when your items are ready for pick-up. Pick-ups are by appointment only at our new 150 Empire St. entrance. (Short-term street parking is available in front of building.) Same day pick-ups are not possible. No exceptions.
- Individuals and families may request up to 5 items at a time per cardholder.
- We strongly encourage patrons to place holds on available PPL items only to avoid long wait times. Please check http://catalog.oslri.net/, select Providence Public Library from the drop-down list, and make sure that the items are marked AVAILABLE. Requests for items belonging to other libraries are possible but be forewarned that the wait time may be greatly extended as libraries are still operating on reduced schedules.
- To limit the number of people at the Library entrance, please have only one family representative pick up items on hold. Call us at 455-8000 upon arrival. YOU MUST WEAR A MASK/FACE COVERING when entering Library vestibule to pick up books.
- Book Drop: To facilitate the safe processing of returned books, our new book drop will be open Tuesday through Thursday. Please give items a full week to clear off your account.
- PLEASE NOTE: Patrons with more than 5 existing holds should let their items come in first, or cancel and move their holds to a list, before placing more holds.
- Printing: Staff will print up to 10 pages a week for patrons needing this service. Please email documents to be printed to email@example.com. We will call you to arrange for pickups.