Library Hours & Services
PPL has reopened with modified hours and services; limitation on the number of people allowed into the building.
We take our responsibility to keep our staff and patrons safe very seriously. PPL is following all state recommendations and screens each employee at the beginning of their shift for COVID-19 symptoms. Staff and patrons are required to wear a face covering while in the building and to observe social distancing at all times. The Library is also cleaning all high-touch surfaces per state guidelines. Thank you for doing your part to help stop the spread of COVID-19!
Expanded Hours Beginning October 6
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 9 AM - 4 PM
- Wednesday, 12 - 8 PM
- Sunday, CLOSED
- Pick up holds (curbside pickup also available by appointment; call 455-8000)
- In-person requests of items in our stacks
- Outside book drop is open 24/7
- New material displays and DVDs for browsing
- Computers are available for 1-hour sessions (please call ahead to make an appointment - 455-8000); express station available for walk-ins.
- Printing, copying, and scanning. Free up to 10 pages.
- Research with RI Index and Microfilm, by appointment. Arrange appointments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Sessions are limited to two hours at a time, during the hours when the Library is open.
Continuing Virtual Services
- Phone, chat, and email reference Monday - Saturday, 9 AM - 4 PM; Wednesday 12-8.
- Virtual Research Visits with Special Collections
What to Expect
- Total of 16 patrons allowed at a time in the ground floor Lobby space ONLY; enter through 150 Empire Street doors
- Patrons are required to wear masks and practice social distancing while inside
- All materials must be returned in the book returns
- Paths will be marked
- Two (2) unisex bathrooms are available to the public
- Water fountains and bottle filler are not available at this time
- Hand sanitizer stations are available in the Lobby
- Tables and meeting rooms are NOT available at this time
- No sitting or congregating in the Library at this time
- We are not accepting any book donations at this time