Library Hours & Services
We take our responsibility to keep our staff and patrons safe very seriously. PPL recommends, but does not require, mask wearing. The Library is also cleaning all high-touch surfaces per state guidelines. Thank you for doing your part to help stop the spread of COVID-19!
Our current open hours are:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday -- 8:30 am - 7 pm
- Thursday -- 1 - 5 pm
- Friday -- 10 - 5 pm
- Saturday -- 8:30 am - 4 pm
- Sunday -- CLOSED
- Outside book drop is open 24/7
- Self-checkout and self-service holds available for contactless borrowing
- Computers are available for up to 2 hours a day.
- Printing, copying, scanning and faxing.
- Research with RI Index and Microfilm, available. Appointment not necessary, but available by emailing email@example.com. Sessions are limited to two hours at a time if there are others waiting.
- Study Rooms are available by appointment (2 rooms for up to 2 persons each; limited to quiet study and work). Call 455-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. Sessions are limited to two hours at a time.
- Practice piano available in Piano Room by appointment. Call 455-8000 or email email@example.com.
- The Children's Library and Teen Loft are open.
- Research visits in Special Collections available.
Continuing Virtual Services
- Phone, chat, and email reference available during the Library's open hours.
What to Expect
- To protect those unvaccinated, patrons are urged to wear masks and practice social distancing while inside
- All materials must be returned in the book returns
- Water fountains and bottle filler are available
- Hand sanitizer stations are available