Library Hours & Services
PPL is open! Our upper levels and stacks are now open.
We take our responsibility to keep our staff and patrons safe very seriously. PPL is following all state recommendations and screens each employee at the beginning of their shift for COVID-19 symptoms. Staff and patrons are required to wear a face covering while in the building and to observe social distancing at all times. The Library is also cleaning all high-touch surfaces per state guidelines. Thank you for doing your part to help stop the spread of COVID-19!
Our current open hours are:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday -- 8:30 am - 7 pm
- Thursday, Friday -- 10 - 5 pm
- Saturday -- 8:30 am - 4 pm
- Sunday -- CLOSED
- Outside book drop is open 24/7
- Self-checkout and self-service holds available for contactless borrowing
- Computers are available for up to 2 hours a day.
- Printing, copying, scanning and faxing.
- Research with RI Index and Microfilm, available. Appointment not necessary, but available by emailing email@example.com. Sessions are limited to two hours at a time if there are others waiting.
- Study Rooms are available by appointment (2 rooms for up to 2 persons each; limited to quiet study and work). Call 455-8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. Sessions are limited to two hours at a time.
- Practice piano available in Piano Room by appointment. Call 455-8000 or email email@example.com.
- The Children's Library is open.
- Research visits in Special Collections available.
Continuing Virtual Services
- Phone, chat, and email reference available during the Library's open hours.
What to Expect
- To protect those unvaccinated, patrons are required to wear masks and practice social distancing while inside
- All materials must be returned in the book returns
- Water fountains and bottle filler are available
- Hand sanitizer stations are available
- Large meeting rooms are NOT available at this time