Digital Navigation and Career Services
Support for adults to achieve their learning and career goals in a professional and technology-assisted environment -- and it's free.
Stay tuned for updates on physical Digital Navagation offerings, locations and hours.
Learning and Career Coach
Workforce Services Coordinator
(401) 660-3344 cell - call/text
Assistance for adults to develop digital skills, in a culturally diverse, multilingual learning community. Receive support from trained staff over the phone, Zoom, or in person. *
- Access to the Internet and digital resources
- Intake interview and needs assessment
- Just-in-time workforce services
- Basic computer skills
- Mobile apps
- Northstar Digital Literacy
- Proctor assessments and tests
- Referrals to community services and programs
* We cannot repair devices, fix software, or handle viruses.
Providence Public Library is also an official Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment proctored testing site. By earning a Northstar certificate and digital badge, you will prove your knowledge and have a credential for employment (assessments are free and a photo ID is required.
Support with employment services such as career exploration and plan, resumes and cover letters, job search, applications and interviews, education and training options, and evaluation of foreign educational credentials.
Do you know you have a computer in your pocket?
That’s right! Your cell phone or smartphone can be used for mobile learning.
What is mobile learning?
Mobile learning is using a portable device such as a cell phone, tablet or laptop computer to learn. You can use your device to learn English, improve reading and math skills, or do activities to prepare for college or a new job.
Resources you can use to learn include:
- Learning Apps
- Online Courses
- Audio Files such as Podcasts
- or a combination of all of the above!